Happy Father's Day
A time to remember our fathers, and I remember mine. Here I am fifty-eight years old, some forty years since I lived with my father, and I can remember fondly the many talks and advice I had with him after those first eighteen. I can remember that after our accident in 2006, some three months after his passing, one of my first comments to your mother was, "I wish my Dad was still here." No not to help with decisions that needed to be made, but that phone call that I would have enjoyed of comfort.
I also am thinking of the many times that your mother and I have commented how wonderful fathers our sons are. I feel that she has the genesis for that result, I'm sure I was no example to warrant such actions.
Finally, I can't help but think how our God, the all powerful, all knowing creator, prefers the title "Father." I thank him for the four sons he has given in my care to help Him guide them. And I thank Him for giving me the chance to be called, "Father."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks Dad! It's always hard to imagine Grandad as your dad, thanks for that glimpse. This was a great father's day tribute. Thanks
ReplyDelete-Eric