Despite the disappointment of Madagascar 2, I remember the best part of the first movie was the penguins. My favorite line was when they all finally make it to Antarctica, despite all the expectations, they realize that: "Well...this sucks" Below are a list of the things that we feel entirely did not live up to their expectations.- Carnegie Deli: In NYC, despite being mentioned in an Adam Sandler, I heard a lot of reviews from the internet and people I knew about the "World Famous"and always great place to eat Carnegie Deli. Well, yeah, not so much. First off you don't get your own table, you have to share with strangers, and most of the food isn't even hot. Needless to say Jen said next time I pick a restaurant relying on an Adam Sandler song is not the best idea.
- The Corn Palace: When I first told Jen that I thought The Corn Palace was a "Well this sucks" she thought it was actually pretty cool. Well, when I say Thge Corn Palace I mean the Corn palace circa early 1990s, when the family first ventured in because of the recommendations "that we have to see the corn palace." Needless to say, even though the murals may be interesting, inside is nothing more than old gym (circa 1990s today is a little bit more dressed up.
- Enchanted Tiki Room: Need I say more. Ron said he had to see it, we went, we saw, we were glad when it was over.
- Any movie with the words Woody or Allen associated with it.
- Old Faithful: Now, before people get upset, remember the biggest basis for the list is he expectations that things hold. Well, after driving one day 14 hours to get the Yellowstone one day, the next day we spend another 20 hours driving around the park. Then we make it to Old Faithful, well we apparently barely missed it and thus had to kill an hour or so waiting for its next show. The perfect response after waiting hours, and hearing the hype was said by one in are party: "That was it!"
- PT Cruisers: While I was working for the Market Research Firm in Boise. I had to take a bunch of Interviewers to California to survey train riders. Anyway, they rented me a car, and the people at Entreprise supposedly "upgraded" me to the PT Cruiser. I was pumped, when I got on the So-cal freeway, reality hit, and I realized that these cars are not really that cool.
- Titanic: The movie, of course the boat itself didn't live up to expectations either. After hearing how wonderful this movie was, Jen and I went to see it. Jen being 8 months pregnant with Tyler. To this day I consider Titanic the biggest marketing ploy. Few actual redeeming qualities, they exploit the death of children, use cliche plot lines as boy from the other side of the tracks and winning tickets in a card game, have Celine Dion sing the balled, cast Leonardo to keep the 14 year old girls returning to the movie theatre, and then added an innaporpriate scene to get the 14 year old boys returning. At the end of the day I beleieve Titanic was the worst movie of all times, and it is disappointing the the Academy actually picked this movie. (Though most of the time the Academy gets it wrong anyway.)
Anyway, expectations are a funny thing. To keep it positive, I will soon post a list of things that we had very low expectations that exceeded them greatly.
No comments:
Post a Comment