Thursday, October 08, 2009

Change in a Drive Thru

So I snuck out for a pair of Banana Milkshakes the other night. The total came to $5.78 so I gave the people $6.03. My hope was to get a quarter back. I then witnessed a complete and total breakdown within the restaurant as the employees seemed to not be able to understand what was going on. I had thought about just leaving and sacrificing the quarter to the arithmetic Gods. However the whole "Drive offs will be prosecuted" signed made me a little worried that in their confusion they may have forgot I paid. After about four minutes, I saw the employees seem to find a calculator and they were able to complete the transaction. Word to the wise, keep change simple at a drive thru.

3 comments:

  1. Huh. Weird. I also heard it's a felony to tease the order box as well. Did you see my countdown clock?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell McKayla I prefer RedVines over Twizzlers too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an awesome story. CJ was laughing out loud. If you really wanted a quarter back, you should've just called me... ha, ha get it?
    (I'm such a nerd)
    Um... Me=Red Vines. CJ=Red Vines

    ReplyDelete