Monday, July 06, 2009

Fourth of July


Hey all, The Fourth of July was a lot of fun at the Carter's house. We barbequed watched a parade, ended it with a concert by the Army Band and of course a huge fireworks display (timed not so well to movie theme music). It was a lot of fun.

Top Six things of the day:

6. Steaks BBQed perfectly to Medium Rare

5. The Army Band playing the Air Force Song

4. Patriotic Sidewalk Chalk- How cool is that!

3. Watching 1776 (and seeing the kids laughing at Franklin's face during "QUIET!" as much as I do)

2. Getting the Parade crowd to cheer loudly when our friends came by on their float. Crowd = most of our ward

1. Watching the Fireworks and trying to be the first of our group to guess the movie's score they were playing.

2 comments:

  1. I was trying to figure what part in 1776 where the "QUIET!" part comes up. Then I remembered it was John Adams who says that during the "But Mr. Adams" song. Funny... I watched that on the 4th as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get a chance to watch 1776, you know Grandma doesn't like the show. (Even after having watch the play with her husband part of the cast.) Although for a short time before fireworks, Brent Reeder, visiting us, got a kick out of the two minutes we saw. Oh well, "we may see further yet."

    ReplyDelete